Monday, November 29, 2010

Hands UP for the English Language!




I invented a new word! Ready? "nontrition"

I've been trying to get it into Urban Dictionary, because hey if it's on the internet it must be true. ha. So far it hasn't taken yet. Edit: it's officially up, check it out. But if it did, it would say this under "nontrition":

A quality of a food lacking nutrition. Most commonly found in foods packaged in shiny plastic or paper bags that fly out of drive-thru windows.

I.e. That microwave dinner is filled with nontrition. OR Better check the nontrition facts on that, I'm not sure that vend-a-snack has real food ingredients in it.

Also, remember when I shared a lecture with you from a very professional food authority, Michael Pollan? Well, I want to go the other way and share this little 5 minute video from a much less educated person. He may be reading from a prompter, but hey! whatever gets at people emotions. I love his point about paying the farmer or paying the hospital. So true!

Check out this ted talk: http://www.ted.com/talks/birke_baehr_what_s_wrong_with_our_food_system.html




I put some pictures of cows in this post because people like to look at pictures. So here's a friendly reminder of where your food comes from. Although, probably not because these are pictures I took of Fairmount Park cows. You get the idea.

More recipe posts coming soon...

2 comments:

  1. but this guy lost weight on the nontrition diet!

    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That story is indeed interesting........but people also loose weight when they get sick, too. Loosing weight isn't the goal, duh. :)

    ReplyDelete