Sunday, November 14, 2010

Small Tomatoes Needs a Camera



Well, I've made a handful of exciting food things between last week and this week. But you know what? My phone, fondly called "Droid" just doesn't take internet-worthy photos. I could rant about pumpkin and cranberry pancakes topped with walnut crumbles and a side of cinnamon apples washed down with hard apple cider all I want, but it just doesn't look appetizing when it looks like this:


I guess it doesn't help that it's half eaten.

The same thing goes for the mushroom risotto, and the spaghetti carbonara. Both were supremely creamy and satisfying... but yeah, the lighting was bad.




The picture for my packed lunch came out all right. You're looking at a variation on a work in progress.

On my lunch menu: Spent grains flat bread with tender red-tip leaf lettuce, a shmear of apple butter, shards of a sharp cumin dusted cheese, and hard boiled egg. I've made it better toasted and with a poached egg, but runny yolks don't pack well. I can just see it now, egg yolk all over the inside of my bag... that's something that would happen to me.

I've been experimenting with spent grains bread (made from the mash leftover in the beer brewing process). This particular loaf was made with grains from Philly brewery which I won't mention yet, but unfortunately I fell asleep during the last phase of the rising sequence. Hence, it's a flat bread!

So here's a promise to put more effort into making my Droid work for me. Maybe I should dig out my old polaroid camera and go in the other direction. Who needs an SLR? Psh. But then I'd need a working scanner........ technology, ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment