Monday, April 19, 2010

Breakfastgasm

Well, I've been silent for a week or so. School and work has kept me super busy. I've been eating copious amounts of PB&J's and cereal (mmm 'shredded spoonfuls' from Trader J's). Oh, and the occasional salad that only comes in those really annoying disposable plastic containers.

Here's the thing about living in the city: it's great, but every now and then, it gets old. The spring trees have bloomed, and are quite flowery and amazing. The farmer's market is running full steam ahead these days, complete with the occasional flea market and Mennonite choir. People are coming out of the winter woodwork, and the line at the incredible $2.50 breakfast taco truck grows by approximately 5 eager patrons each week. Time spent walking or biking outside is enjoyable in the city, for sure. It's warm enough to stumble across a rip-roaring bluegrass/jug band in the middle of Rittenhouse Square en route from bar to party... and want to stay awhile. But sometimes, all this city springtime cheer just isn't enough to counter the wafts of WasteManagement on a warm day, or the endless gauntlet of potholes and trolley tracks.

So when your friend offers a chance to escape the city for a day or two at cabin in the Poconos, you jump on it. Promises of a girthy fireplace, canoeing adventures on a big lake, and a designated gaming/drinking table lured me in like soccer mom to a spa.

So while I have no food creations of my own to blog about, here's the reason why I've not created anything noteworthy in a week:


You are looking at:

Fluffy, cheddar dosed eggs cooked in bacon grease, tomatoes and avocado sprinkled with sea salt, and a slice of thick bread toasted over an open fire.

We all agreed it was the best thing we'd tasted in weeks.

Thanks to master chef, T-bird.


I promise more yummy things later in the week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking some of these food photos are so eye-catching they deserve a scrapbook of there own. Keep your photos on a disc if possible and I'll create the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks deelishouss.... and while I'm not adventurous enough to try and do any of these recipes on my own, I would be more than willing to be a guinea pig for your next experiment!

    ReplyDelete